On this page you will find links, book titles, and other information to assist you in your investigations of Christianity. Even those already committed to Christ (perhaps most especially those who find themselves doubting their faith) will find some of the information exceedingly helpful.
Why is This Page Here?
I fish…not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant – and not nearly so much fun. – Robert Traver
I reckon many of you are asking why this page is here. I mean, isn’t this supposed to be a fishing site? Well, yes, it is. I am a fan of Robert Traver’s writing. I treasure the passage from which the above quote is extracted. For the most part, I agree with it. However, in truth, I do believe there are some things more important than fishing. The issue of Christianity is one of those things, which is why you find this page here. If Christianity is true, it has enormous implications for the whole of mankind. In fact, it is the “whole story.” If it’s not true, then that also has enormous implications. It’s up to each of us to adequately investigate competing worldviews and make an honest attempt to discover the truth. The drive to search for truth and formulate a world view appears to be sorely missing among far too many folks these days. With that in mind, if you are one who searches for truth, here is some information to assist in your search.
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. – Revelation 3:20 (NIV)
Note: I highly suggest the following books as good starting points for your research into the Christian faith or Christian Apologetics. We receive no affiliate commissions from the following links. In fact, I encourage you to borrow these books from your local library or borrow them from me if you would like. I would be glad to loan you my own copy of any of them. Just contact us by email and let me know. Find them any way you can. I’m only posting books that I have personally read.
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis: This book is written in an easily understandable manner and made a huge impact in my own life at an early age. C.S. Lewis was a forceful debater and highly entertaining author.
- Reaonable Faith by William Lane Craig: This is probably the finest book of Christian Apologetics out there. At least it’s my favorite. I really admire Mr. Craig and his work.
- Hard Questions, Real Answers: Another great book by William Lane Craig. This one concisely answers many of the tough questions people often have about Christianity. The book is particularly useful for the Christian who has doubts or questions.
- Christian Apologetics by Normal Geisler: Another great apologetics book by another great philosopher. It’s been awhile since I read this one. At the time, some of it was over my head. I’d like to tackle it again soon.
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel: A fine book that covers a wide range of topics related to the case for Jesus of Nazareth being the Messiah. This book is easy to read and understand, a great jumping-off point for further study.
- Love Your God with All Your Mind by J.P. Moreland: I just recently completed this wonderful book. It isn’t an apologetics book, but it makes the case for utilizing reason in your walk as a Christian. A very good work with lots of useful tips and resources.
- William Lane Craig’s Reasonable Faith: William Lane Craig’s wonderful website devoted to Christian Apologetics. I highly recommend this site as a great source. Mr. Craig himself answers one question from a reader every week on the home page. Craig is often regarded today as Christianity’s foremost defender.
- Alvin Plantinga: Alvin Plantinga is one of the most well-respected Christian philosophers. His work is held in the highest regard by even the most vehemently secular philosophers.
- J.P. Moreland: A site with links to this prominent Christian philosopher’s articles and most popular quotes.
- Apologetics.org: A good website sponsored by the C.S. Lewis Society.
- Lee Strobel’s Website: I haven’t spent much time on this site, but Mr. Strobel provides access to a great many videos related to Christianity featuring many well-respected scholars.